I like to think of the full moon as a metaphorical ‘house cleaning’ of our energy system. It’s an opportunity to take inventory of what isn’t working, and let that sh*& go. Perhaps you’ve set intentions for the new year and have noticed that you might not be honoring those. Well, it’s time to release those habits getting in the way, playing small, fearing the unknown and well, not honoring our potentiality.
The bright, full moon is casting light on the shadowy parts of ourselves that we keep hidden away, yet keeps us from our fullest radical expression. Is there anything that might come to mind for you?
Release what isn’t working anymore
Here are a few practices that one can use to release what isn’t working anymore:
- Place a few drops of essential oil into your hands, rub them together and inhale deeply with your hands gently cupped over your face, releasing any tention in the physical body.
- Speak it out loud. “I am choosing to release…”
- Write it down on a piece of paper and burn it –with caution 😉
- Write it down and bury it in the earth.
- Speak it into a glass of water and pour it onto the earth.
- Share it with a trusted friend.
- Show your shadow side some love and thank yourself for having awareness around it.
Creating a ceremony around the challenging parts of ourselves that we choose to hide or aspects we wish to change can help. However, the most important part is to have love for all parts of ourselves, even the sticky, slimy, gooey sides. Guess what? That’s us, too. We’re all each other’s mirrors anyway, so we are all here to reflect for one another.
Here’s mine: “I am choosing to release the perfectionist who criticizes everything that I do.
…I am perfect just as I am.”
The last sentence/mantra is the most important. What are you calling in?
For me, I know I am perfect just as I am. Perfectly imperfect. With each thing you’d like to release, pair it with a true statement that your higher self knows.
What are some of your favorite full moon practices? Remember, the full moon is a sacred time, so put your crystals outside on the earth to charge, cleanse your home with sage or palo santo, take a hot, dead sea salt bath, journal, meditate, and don’t forget to howl at her!
What’s your favorite way to celebrate? Reply here!
Remember, the full moon is a sacred time, cleanse your home with sage or palo santo, take a hot, dead sea salt bath, journal, meditate, and don’t forget to howl at her!
BECOME A BZEN INSIDER!
Be the first to hear our podcasts and read our blogs.