You’re tired. You’re lacking energy. Your skin and lips are dry and your muscles are cramping. No, I am not a doctor, but I have heard many of my clients talk about these things. Could increasing our water intake really help many of these issues? It might be a good place to start. Our bodies are 60% water. Every system in our body requires water to properly function. Here I am presenting you 2 lists. One of which is some main benefits to increasing our water intake and the other is a list of ways to get and stay hydrated!
Our top 5 benefits to staying hydrated:
- Water helps convert food and fuel to energy and helps to increase metabolism, energy, and fat burning in the body.
- Staying hydrated promotes brain function, physical performance, energy levels and reduces risk for headaches.
- Drinking water promotes digestion and helps to remove waste in the body (supports liver and kidney function).
- Water prevents hangovers!
- Water is amazing for the skin, joints, and cartilage.
Here are some hydration tips that I practice daily:
- Begin each day with hot water with organic fresh squeezed lemon (or a few drops of 100% pure therapeutic grade lemon essential oil. The Young Living Essential Oil Vitality lemon is the best) and a pinch of Himalayan sea salt. This detoxifies the body, provides electrolytes and trace minerals, prepares and wakes the digestive system, is super hydrating, is wonderful for skin health, reduces inflammation, and enhances immunity. Drinking it warm takes the extra “work” out of the body having to warm it up before it gets absorbed and assimilated. Cheers!
- Drink at least 1 glass of filtered water before your morning coffee.
- Keep a reusable water bottle with you at all times! There are so many places that have filtered water to drink, so fill up that water, baby!
- Try to drink half of your body weight in ounces each day (or more). If you are sweating a lot with physical exercise, drink more!
- Drink filtered water or spring water whenever possible. Single-use water bottles are a huge waste, and unnecessary. There are plenty of filter options on the market today, and when traveling there are refill stations throughout the airports.
- If you are drinking alcohol, be sure to drink plenty of water with it and prior to a night out! One glass of water per alcoholic drink and one glass before going to bed for good measure.
- Right when you get home from work each day drink a tall glass of water.
- Consume lots of organic fresh fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds which all contain water.
- Limit the amount of caffeine you consume and know that if you are drinking caffeine, it doesn’t count toward your daily intake of water. Caffeine, sugary drinks and alcohol are all dehydrating so beware and consume in moderation.
- I prefer to drink my water at room temperature. It’s easier for me to drink more of it (without the brain freeze) and my body is able to absorb it quicker and easier.
- Add a drop of Young Living’s Vitality Essential Oil (we love lemon, lime, or grapefruit).
I hope this inspires you to drink more water and nourish your entire system! You deserve to feel good, do it for yourself.
BECOME A BZEN INSIDER!
Be the first to hear our podcasts and read our blogs.